A draft for next year’s student calendar is in the works. The Barrow County Board of Education was presented with two calendar drafts for next year at its November work session.
One draft shows a 176-day student calendar year, the other, 180-days. The first would include 14 planning days, while the 180-day calendar would have 10 planning days.
Both calendars have a starting day of Aug. 4 with winter break beginning on Dec. 21. The drafts show the second semester will begin on Jan. 5 with the last day of school being May 19.
One difference in the calendars includes a full week off for Thanksgiving with the 176-day calendar.
The 180-day calendar would give students three days off.
Additionally, fall break would be one week later with the 176-day calendar, lasting from Oct. 12-16.
See full story in Nov. 26 print edition of the Barrow Journal.
- Updated: BOC set to vote Tuesday
- Privatization decision looms for BOC
- General Election set for Tuesday; Heavy turnout reported in Barrow for advance voting
- Early voting begins for Nov. election
- Voters show interest in general election
- County employees to receive 5% raise
- BOC split on budget amendment vote