UPDATE 9:05 A.M.: At this time extrication is complete, the helicopter has left the scene. The accident involved a FedEx truck and a Braselton Police Department vehicle. One southbound lane has been reopened. The other southbound lane will remained closed until cleanup is complete which will be several hours. We urge citizens to avoid the area.
Barrow County Emergency Services is advising citizens to avoid the area of Interstate 85 southbound at Highway 211 due to a motor vehicle collision.
"A tractor trailer has overturned with entrapment and another vehicle involved," stated Lieutenant Scott Dakin. "Interstate 85 southbound has been closed down and will remain closed for several hours. Northbound lanes are congested in the area."
Barrow County Emergency Services is working now to extricate the patient and has a medical helicopter enroute to transport the patient. West Jackson Fire Department has been requested to assist.
"Citizens need to avoid this area for several hours," stated Lieutenant Dakin.
- Kemp wants Ga. primary held earlier
- Health officials: Chance of Ebola outbreak in county is close to zero
- In 4-3 vote, commissioners say no to privatization
- BOC set to vote Tuesday
- Privatization decision looms for BOC
- General Election set for Tuesday; Heavy turnout reported in Barrow for advance voting
- Early voting begins for Nov. election