Two Barrow County teens were seriously burned last week when they put a match to some gasoline.
On Friday night around 10:14 p.m., Barrow County firefighters responded to a call about an outbuilding fire at 1035 Finch Road. But when units arrived, they discovered that two 13-year-old boys had been seriously injured after igniting gasoline with a match.
Barrow Fire Chief Robert Post said both boys suffered second- and third-degree burns, one to the upper portion of his body and the other to the lower portion.
One boy was taken by his parent to Barrow Regional Hospital and then transported to Grady Memorial Hospital in stable condition. The other was airlifted in serious condition to Grady.
The boys’ names and further information about their conditions have not been released by fire department officials.