Four juveniles are facing charges of burglary, criminal damage to property and entry upon property after causing extensive damage to a town house on Turtle Creek Drive.
The victim returned home after a one month absence to find his home had been burglarized.
Two of the perpetrators had written their names on the wall with red lipstick. The vandals had also mixed cat food, beans, spices, herbs, mayonnaise, ketchup, starch, seeds and other items into a puddle on the floor.
The victim said he used to own a store and had been storing left over goods from the store in his garage. Several boxes had been open and the contents strewn throughout the home. The walls in the home had also been gouged and paint was missing in spots.
A DVD player and Dish Network “smart card” were missing from the residence.
The responding officer was able to locate the juveniles responsible for the damage by going door to door asking for the two perpetrators that had identified themselves by writing their names on the wall of the victim’s home.
Two of the juveniles claimed a white male and white female driving a yellow SUV had left the door to the victim’s house open and invited the juveniles inside the home.
The incident remains under investigation.
Other incidents investigated by the Winder Police Department this past week include:
• aggravated assault and battery at a Wood Avenue address.
• aggravated assault at a North Broad Street address.
• armed robbery on 22 S. Broad Street.
• battery at a Dreamland Circle address.
• battery at a Stovall Street address.
• battery on Mossy Trace.
• burglary and criminal damage to property at a Glenview Terrace address.
• burglary on Dreamland Ct.
• burglary on Harrison Lane.
• criminal damage to property and entering auto at a North Broad Street address.
• criminal damage to property on North Broad Street.
• criminal damage to property on Pinkston Oak Circle.
• criminal trespass and theft by taking on Walker Street.
• criminal trespass at a Second Street address.
• criminal trespass on Fifth Avenue.
• cruelty to animals at a Bellingrath Drive address.
• cruelty to children on Lighthouse Drive.
• cruelty to children on Shenandoah Circle.
• disturbing the peace at a King Street address.
• entering auto and criminal damage to property at the First United Methodist Church on North Broad Street.
• entering auto at an East Athens Street address.
• entering auto on North Broad Street.
• entry upon property on Village Court.
• financial transaction card fraud on Graham Street.
• financial transaction card fraud on North Broad Street.