A Winder man was arrested last week after police found marijuana and a hand gun in his vehicle.
Police were dispatched to the Shell gas station on Midland Avenue after a man called 911 to report that he had been threatened by Alex Wiley Griffith, age 51.
The victim told investigators that Griffith accused him of attacking Griffith’s disabled cousin. According to the report, as the victim attempted to deny any involvement in an attack on Griffith’s cousin, Griffith pulled a gun and pointed it at the man.
The victim said he then took out his pocket knife and “tried to cut the guy.”
At that point, Griffith left the area. The victim followed Griffith to the Shell station and called 911.
When the officer arrived, he made contact with Griffith. During a search of Griffith’s vehicle, the officer found a loaded hand gun and a bag of marijuana.
Griffith was arrested and charged with possession of less than an ounce of marijuana, possession of a firearm by a convicted felon and pointing a gun at another.
The driver of his vehicle, Tommy Bennett, age 39, was charged with being a party to the crime.
Other arrests made by the Winder Police Department this past week include:
• Ray Anthony Wilson, Jr., 1902 Kingland Ct., Monroe, driving while license suspended or revoked and child restraint violations.
• Tara Denise Buntyn, 220 Ann Circle, Destin, Fla., driving while license suspended or revoked.
• Sergio Vazquez, 195 Epps Bridge Rd., Athens, driving without a license.
• Emmanuel Dukes, 209 Lynn Road, Bethlehem, driving without a license.
• John Fletcher Foster, 125 Glen Iris Drive, Monroe, driving while license suspended or revoked.
• Brauilio Tanava-Nova, 199 James Street, Winder, driving without a license.
• Armando Hernandez-Espinosa, 1508 Bear Creek Belles Dr., Jonesboro, driving without a license.
• Oscar Auilar, 1122 Choyce Johnson Rd., Statham, driving without a license.
• Broulio Nova-Taboado, 199 James Street, Winder, driving without a license.
• Maria de la Cruz-Garcia, 1650 Dailey Avenue, Winder, driving without a license.
• Ermis Gomez, 2829 Deer Brooke, Gainesville, driving without a license.
• David Juarez-Acosta, 435 Mackinaw Dr., Bethlehem, driving without a license.
• Humberto Lopez, 456 East Midland Avenue, Winder, driving without a license.
• Willie Loren Phillips, 156 Russell Street, Winder, DUI.
• Rosa Izella Campuzano, 171 Michelle Dr., Athens, driving without a license.
• Liona Barranco Torres, 555 Scrooch Court, Winder, driving without a license.
• Joseph Jackson McNeely, 915 Vinings Dr., Winder, DUI.
• Kyle Abraham Haynes, 1200 Robert Hardmard Rd., Winterville, failure to appear.
• Paige Michelle Johnson, 102 Jefferson St., Statham, probation violation.
• Carlos Orellana Valiente, 247 Apperson Dr. #47, Winder, driving without a license.
• Gabriel Ojeda-Lopez, 372 Mobile Dr., Winder, driving without a license.
• Christopher Landon Pelfrey, 34 McElhannon Rd., Bethlehem, failure to appear.
• Gary Warren Ross, 1155 Mills Street, Gainesville, probation violation.
• Jennifer Dale Allen, 108 Midland Court, Winder, probation violation.
• Laura Michelle Burrow, 355 Fall View Court, Winder, battery.
• Carlos Rodriguez Ibarra, 1495 Hwy. 29 N. lot K6, Athens, failure to appear.
• Kimberly Lynn McCoy, 856 Bill Rutledge Rd., Winder, license not in possession, seatbelt violation. Failure to maintain lane and DUI.
• Justin William Womer, 508 Heritage Lane, Winder, failure to appear.
• Michael Andrew Kent, 725 Clyde Short Rd., Commerce, possession of marijuana.
• Kristina E. Ponce, 466 Peach Hill Dr., Jefferson, failure to appear.
• Karen Ann Atkinson, 112 E. Wright Street, Winder, DUI.
• Anthony Nathaniel Bosley, 112 Lanthier St., Winder, wanted by other jurisdiction.
• Michael Sojka, 1603 Spring Dale Court, Monroe, driving while license suspended or revoked.
• Alejandro Benitez, 357 Mobile Drive, Winder, driving without a license.
• Jerry Lee Wiley, 9 Dogwood Dr., Winder, driving while license suspended or revoked, no insurance, seatbelt violation and improperly transferred tag.
• Esteban Ventura, 115 Concord Drive, Watkinsville, aggravated sexual battery and pandering by compulsion.
• Eugene Smith, 118 Hillview Way, Winder, violation of probation.
• Stanley Lavan Vines, Jr., 4104 Belvedere Street, Apt. C, Decatur, simple battery and family violence.
• Elizabeth Jean Manz, 160 Melrose Street, Winder, obstruction of an officer.
• LaTonya Elizabeth Hill, 324 Tuggle Street, Winder, cruelty to children and aggravated assault.
• Lilia Hays, 833 Custom Lane, Winder, family violence battery, simple battery, criminal damage to property and interference with a 911 call.