Winder city officials have amended the agenda for the called meeting scheduled for 6 p.m. Tuesday, Aug. 14.
Added to the agenda at 5 p.m. Monday were: An expenditure of $20,000 to complete the storm water project on Brookview Terrace, and approval of CEDS Construction's bid of $214,700 for the installation of a four-inch, steel, natural-gas main line to the McConway and Torley LLC manufacturing facility on Airport Road.
Also on the meeting's agenda are these items:
• replacement of the city code regarding the discharge of firearms within city limits. The changes will allow the shooting of guns on agricultural and industrial tracts at least five acres in size, as well as the use of air guns inside the city limits by adults and by children under the supervision of adults who are at least 18 years old. Under the new code section, guns could not be discharged within 300 feet of any property line, public road right-of-way or occupied building. And they could not be fired between 9 p.m. and 6 a.m. The restrictions would not apply to anyone acting in self-defense.
• a major overhaul of the city’s alcohol ordinance.
• the ratification of the recent purchase of a Jackson Street parking lot adjacent to the former bank operations building that the city is renovating for use by the Winder Police Department and some administrative staff.
• the purchase of Cityworks software for several departments at a cost of $24,000 for installation and staff training; $30,000 for the license and annual maintenance; and $2,500 per month for an unlimited number of users.
• and a change in the city’s health coverage plan for city employees who retire after Dec. 31, 2012. The changes would make coverage available only to employees who are at least 60 when they retire; pay 50 percent of the retiree’s premium for individual coverage but no dependents; and provide the benefit only until the retiree is eligible for Medicare.
The meeting is open to the public and will be at the Winder Community Center.
Display comments as (Linear | Threaded)