The City of Auburn has scheduled a public hearing this Thursday just prior to its regular meeting to present and receive comments on its proposed FY 2012 budget.
City administrator Ron Griffith will conduct the hearing, which starts at 7 p.m.
Auburn city officials met for pre-planning sessions with the mayor and council on June 30, July 5 and July 11 to discuss the budget. On Aug. 2, Griffith provided recommendations and adjustments from the previous meetings. The council will adopt the budget at its Sept. 1 city council meeting.
Agenda items up for discussion at the Aug. 18 Auburn city council business meeting include:
• document storage and shredding.
• K-9 contract revisions.
• Gwinnett County millage.
• Prescription Drug Program from National League of Cities.
• I9 Sports proposal.
• naming for the Parks Mill property.
• an agreement for a film company.
The city council plans to take action on:
• city elections for November location and superintendent resolution.
• city elections for November location ordinance.
• a property donation.