The Barrow County Board of Education will discuss before-and-after-school childcare programs at its regular work meeting Tuesday at 6 p.m. at 179 W. Athens St. in Winder.
Other new business to be discussed by the board includes:
• a $15,000 bid for interactive board technology for the Barrow County College and Career Preparatory Academy (CCPA), which is located at 54 West Star Street in Bethlehem.
• a recommendation to Cain Electric Company Inc., out of Gainesville, to provide electrical connections to new HVAC equipment and installation of receptacles and drops for additional computers at the Alternative School.
• a recommendation to allow Georgia Power access to the CCPA for the construction, operation and maintenance of newly installed lines for the transmission of electric current at no cost to the BOE.
• a recommendation to changes to board policy as provided by GSBA and HB227 regarding medication.
• a recommendation to changes to board policy regarding nepotism.
The board will also meet in closed session to discuss personnel and the future purchase of real estate following the regular meeting.