Auburn will soon have a new parks and leisure director to coordinate all the city’s leisure activities.
Gary Schussler, the city’s newest pick, will be sworn into the position at the May 5 city council meeting.
Schussler will be filling a vacant job position that was previously held by Tommy Duncan, the city’s former parks and leisure coordinator.
Other items on Thursday’s agenda include:
• recognition of SpringFest 2011 coloring contest winners.
• revisions made to the city’s organizational chart.
• changes made to the city’s personnel manual.
• changes made to a city job description.
• and update on the city’s agreement with Ackerman and Co.
• an update on the city’s agreement to allow the O.W.L.S. to use the Lion’s Club building for meetings.