Last week Barrow County Emergency Services had to contend with multiple fires while also dealing with icy conditions left over from the winter storm.
On Jan 12, Firefighters received a call in reference to a house fire on Carolyn Street in Auburn.
“First arriving firefighters found light smoke showing in the residence,” said Lieutenant Scott Dakin “The homeowner had stated they had noticed smoke coming from the clothes dryer,” he said.
Firefighters soon discovered the fire was coming from the dryer inside the home. The damage to the home was isolated in the laundry room and the dryer, and firefighters fumigated the home with pressure fans.
The cause of the fire is still under investigation.
Another fire was reported on China Lane. Firefighters arrived to see light smoke coming from the residence. Firefighters discovered the area around the fireplace inside the home was on fire and it had even spread underneath the floor near the fireplace.