The Barrow County Board of Commissioners will consider bids for the repair of three county roads, one City of Auburn road and one City of Bethlehem street as part of the Georgia Department of Transportation (GDOT) 2008 Local Assistance Road Program at its June 24 meeting.
The county is responsible for patching the roads prior to resurfacing by GDOT. The affected roads are:
• Jones Road from SR 82 to SR 330 (1.7 miles).
• Hammond Road from Rat Kinney Road to Statham City Limits (.48 miles).
• Wall Road from Atlanta Hwy to GA Hwy 316 (1.48 miles).
• David Avenue/Harrison Mill Road from Angel Street to Bethlehem city limits (.72 miles).
• Scenic Lane in Auburn from Overlook Court to cul-du-sac (.40 miles).
The project is expected to cost $308,000. The cities of Auburn and Bethlehem will reimburse the county for approximately $68,000 of the project total.
Other items on the agenda include:
• the presentation of certificates to new CERT program graduates.
• a Review of bids for water authority repair projects.
• consideration of a joint employment incentive program grant with the City of Winder. The joint city/county application for EIP funds is for the purpose of improving public sewer infrastructure to address the wastewater needs of Olympic Steel Inc. If approved, the county will commit $36,650 for grant application and engineering fees.
• a video update for the new criminal justice facility.
• a review of bids for Motorola radios and batteries for the fire department.
The board will also consider five zoning requests including:
• an application to rezone .98 acres located at 67 Greentree Drive from R-1 to C-3 for a private school.
• a request to rezone 2.34 acres on the southwest corner of the intersection of Hwy. 211 and Hwy. 124 from AR to C-3 for retail commercial.
• a request to split 5.50 acres located at 1350 Harmony Grove Church Road into two tracts.
• a request to rezone 1.212 acres at 789 Doster Circle from AR to R-1 to build a single family residence.
• an application for a special use permit to allow the storage of equipment on 17.4145 acres at Austin Road and Clacktown Road. The equipment will be stored in an enclosed 3000 square foot barn which is privacy fenced.
The Barrow County Board of Commissioners will meet at 7 p.m. on June 24 at the Barrow County Administration building, located at 233 East Broad Street in Winder.