A deputy found not one, but two wanted men while attempting to serve a warrant last week.
The deputy went to the home of Jamie Thomas Fowler, 30, of 34 Forrest Drive in Winder to serve two outstanding warrants for probation violation.
Fowler was not at home, but his grandmother said he could be found at a Hwy. 82 location. The deputy went to the address provided and asked the homeowner if Fowler was present. The homeowner said that Fowler was there and invited the deputy inside the residence.
Once inside, the homeowner advised that Fowler was hiding in the attic and pulled down the attic door. The deputy announced himself and instructed Fowler to surrender.
Fowler climbed down the attic ladder and was placed under arrest.
While confirming Fowler’s warrants, the deputy heard a noise in the attic. The deputy asked the homeowner if anyone else was hiding in the attic and the homeowner said there was.
The deputy ordered the other subject to come out of his hiding place.
Glen Allen Stiltner, 29, of 1015 Smith Chapel Road in Monroe, emerged from the attic. When the deputy checked Stiltner for warrants, he discovered the man also had two outstanding probation violation warrants.
He was also arrested.
Other arrests made by Barrow County Sheriff’s deputies include:
• Joanne Leigh Allen, 33, 1154 Otis Drive, Bethlehem, first degree cruelty to children.
• Julie Ann Arroyo, 40, 64 Main Street, Auburn, failure to maintain lane, giving false information or false name and driving without license on person.
• Jeffrey Ray Morris, 48, 2924 Winding Hill Point, Lawrenceville, brake lights and turn signals required, driving while unlicensed, no insurance, using plate to conceal vehicle identification and expired tag.
• Tony Redd, 45, 12719 S. Western Avenue, Blue Island, Ill., disorderly conduct.
• Jerrell Dean Roberts, 43, 120 Second Street, Winder, probation violation.
• Maduri Sears, 51, 178 Bush Chapel, Winder, public intoxication.
• Jeremy Keith Sidwell, 24, 1829 Honeyford Road, Denmark, S.C., failure to appear.
• Teddi Lee Taylor, 44, 201 Atlanta Highway, Statham, entering auto.
• Dionicio Velasquez, 31, 429 Engle Drive, Tucker, failure to maintain lane, seatbelt violation, DUI and driving while license suspended.
• Timothy Lee Webb, 22, Old South US 441, Center, failure to appear, speeding, possession of less than one ounce of marijuana, drugs to be kept in original container and going inside the guardline with liquor, weapons or drugs.
• Jonathan Samuel Wilson, 29, 400 Blueberry Lane, Winder, abandonment of dependent child, first degree forgery, financial identity fraud, financial transaction card fraud, theft by receiving stolen property and probation violation.
• Amanda Lynn Bray, 17, 1141 Hwy. 124, Hoschton, hold for other agency.
• Donald Edward Carroll, 51, 828 Georgetown Drive, Winder, endangerment of a child under 14, child restraint law and DUI.
• Willie Ed Chandler, 51, 627 Gordon Street, Jefferson, hold for other agency.
• Bruce A Deblock Jr., 24, 737 Glen Valley Way, Dacula, DUI, seatbelt violation, failure to obey a traffic control device and disregarding an officer directing traffic.
• Mary Anne Diaz, 21, 5370 Hwy. 20, Loganville, family violence battery, aggravated assault, second degree cruelty to children, obstruction and misdemeanor possession of marijuana.
• Joseph Adam Ellema, 20, 141 Springbrook Drive, Auburn, theft by receiving stolen property.
• Jason Lee Goss, 28, 74 Clifton Drive, Winder, probation violation.