The Barrow County Superior Court recently sentenced the following people. Those charged and their sentences are listed below. Charges listed as nolle prosequi are those in which the prosecutor or plaintiff indicated they would not proceed with the case. In criminal cases, a disposition of nolle prosequi may be entered when evidence proves innocence or charges cannot otherwise be proved.
The following sentences were issued as part of negotiated plea agreements on July 7, 2010 with Superior Court Judge Joseph Booth presiding:
• Timothy Alan Crews. VGCSA: eight years probation and a $1,500 fine. Failure to obey a traffic control device, drugs to be kept in original container and possession of a drug related object: nolle prosequi.
• Scottie Peek, giving false name to a law enforcement officer: 12 months confinement. Criminal trespass: 12 months probation.
• Jamorris Dandre Head, VGCSA: ten years probation and two years in prison suspended upon completion of residential substance abuse treatment program.
• John Randall Carter, obstruction: 12 months probation and a $500 fine. Fleeing and attempting to elude, failure to maintain lane, driving while license suspended, seatbelt violation, reckless driving, speeding, aggressive driving, driving on wrong side of roadway, failure to stop for stop sign and operating an unsafe motor vehicle: 90-120 days in a state detention center, five years probation and a $1,500 fine.
• Jonathan Eric Willis, family violence battery: 12 months probation and a $500 fine. Statutory rape: six years probation, no contact with victim or any female under 16 years of age, two years in jail suspended upon 12 months of intensive probation, register as a sex offender with special conditions allowing contact with his own children and court contact for legitimization and visitation and a $1,000 fine.
• James Seth Youngblood, five counts theft by taking, three counts entering auto and one count criminal trespass: 20 years probation, 200 hours of community service, three years to serve suspended upon completion of six months inmate work detail and followed by six months of intensive probation, restitution and a $5,000 fine. Additional count of entering auto, three counts of theft by taking and one count of financial transaction card theft: nolle prosequi.
• Lisa Knight, two counts of sale of methamphetamine: ten years probation, two years to serve suspended upon completion of residential substance abuse treatment and a $3,000 fine.
• Christopher Lamphear, possession of marijuana with intent to distribute pled guilty to less included offense of possession of less than one ounce of marijuana, fleeing and attempting to elude, possession of a drug related object, reckless driving, speeding, failure to stop at stop sign and failure to use headlights: ten days confinement, five years probation and a $4,500 fine. Possession of a knife during the commission of a crime: nolle prosequi.
• Rodney Emerson Malcolm, obstruction: 12 months probation and a $500 fine.
• Maylon Joe Wilson, disorderly conduct: 12 months probation. Family violence simple assault: nolle prosequi.
• Felix Kemp, two counts of entering auto pled to lesser included offense of theft by receiving: 12 months to serve suspended upon the completion of intensive probation, 12 months probation, 100 hours of community service and a $500 fine.