The Barrow County Superior Court recently sentenced the following people. Those charged and their sentences are listed below. Charges listed as nolle prosequi are those in which the prosecutor or plaintiff indicated they would not proceed with the case. In criminal cases, a disposition of nolle prosequi may be entered when evidence proves innocence or charges cannot otherwise be proved.
The following sentences were issued as part of negotiated plea agreements on June 23, 2010 with Superior Court Judge David Motes presiding:
• Kenneth Ray Devrick, criminal attempt to purchase methamphetamine: ten years probation and a $2,500 fine.
• Angela Ray Gee, first degree forgery and identity fraud: five years probation and a $1,300 fine. Two counts of theft of mislaid property: nolle prosequi.
• Chiquita Monique Turner, disorderly conduct: 12 months probation and a $500 fine. Additional count of disorderly conduct: nolle prosequi.
• Kasey Ray Moon, simple battery and simple assault: two years probation less 90 days confinement, no violent contact with victim and a $1,500 fine.
• Kyle Maurice Vandyke, theft by receiving and obstruction: two years probation less 30 days confinement plus a $1,000 fine.
• Edward Dukes Jr., harassing phone calls: 12 months probation less 45 days confinement and a $500 fine.
• David Charles Dean, battery: 12 months probation and a $500 fine.
• William Alvis Jones, theft by receiving: 12 months probation and a $500 fine. Two counts each of theft by taking and theft by deception: two years probation and a $2,000 fine.
• Linda Lynn Crowe, family violence battery: first offender treatment, five years probation, no violent contact with victim and a $1,000 fine.
• Marilyn Starks Harris, possession of less than one ounce of marijuana, giving false name and pedestrian under the influence: two years probation and $1,500 fine. Crossing guardline with marijuana: nolle prosequi.
• Charles Wayne Michael, family violence simple battery and obstruction of a person making 911 call: 12 months probation and a $1,000 fine. Criminal trespass: nolle prosequi.
• Angela Gross, three counts of theft by shoplifting: 30 days confinement, two years and 11 months probation, restitution and a $1,500 fine.
• Jamarcus Smith, armed robbery plead to lesser included offense of robbery and misdemeanor possession of marijuana: seven years in prison, 13 years probation, restitution and a $3,000 fine.
• Cedric Jefferson, two counts of first degree arson: 15 years probation, two years in prison suspended upon completion of residential substance abuse treatment, restitution and a $2,500 fine.
The following sentence was issued as part of negotiated plea agreement on June 16, 2010 with Superior Court Judge Currie Mingledorff presiding:
• Eurieso Sorrells, sale of cocaine: 15 years in prison and 25 years probation.