A Statham man was arrested after pointing a gun at the truck driver who struck the rear of his vehicle.
Christopher Miller, 30, of 462 Harry McCarty Road in Statham, said he pulled onto May Street ahead of a tractor trailer. When Miller stopped his vehicle, the tractor trailer hit his rear bumper and began to push the vehicle forward.
Miller said he thought the truck driver was angry at him for pulling out onto the roadway in front of the truck. Miller admitted grabbing his gun, pointing it at the truck driver and attempting to open the truck driver’s door. Miller said he was trying to protect his family.
A Barrow County Sheriff’s deputy saw Miller with the handgun and ordered him to drop the weapon.
When Winder Police arrived, the deputy was holding Miller at gunpoint.
Miller was taken into custody and charged with aggravated assault and pointing a pistol at another.
No one was injured in the incident, but Miller’s vehicle sustained damage to the trunk and bumper. The tractor trailer was not damaged. The truck driver said he was not aware that his vehicle had struck Miller’s since he could not see it below the hood of his truck.
Other recent arrests made by Winder Police include:
• Antonio A. Villeda, 32, Hwy. 53, Bethlehem, public intoxication.
• Carlos Alfredo Alonso, 26, 117 Jasmine Drive, Winder, driving while unlicensed and operating a motor vehicle while wearing headphones.
• Chadwick Horace McDaniel, 33, 245 Apperson Drive, Winder, first degree forgery, theft by deception and criminal trespass.
• Randy William Cleary, 44, 587 Manning Gin Road, Monroe, no insurance, misdemeanor possession of marijuana, seatbelt violation, expired tag, open container, driving without license on person and operation of vehicle with improper plate.
• Ricardo Mendieta, 46, 462 Matthew School Road, Winder, criminal trespass.
• Robert Allen Vanevery Jr., 31, 136 Hamilton Avenue, Winder, outstanding warrants.
• Robert Junior Flanagan, 42, 602 Dee Kennedy Road, Winder, driving while license suspended.
• Ryan Jerel Jackson, 22, 426 North Ridge Lane, Winder, probation violation.