A man and his girlfriend were charged with disorderly conduct after a loud argument drew the attention of neighbors.
Police were dispatched to a Georgia Avenue residence in response to a report that a black male and white woman were arguing at the location.
When the officer arrived, he could hear the couple arguing inside the home. The officer located the couple sitting on a bed and yelling at each other.
The female, Nicole Elizabeth Taylor, 27, of 120 Second Street in Winder, said another woman was trying to steal her boyfriend, Mikecal Duncan, 39, of 27 Windsor Drive in Winder.
Taylor said the other woman called her a pejorative term for females and slapped her in the face.
Duncan said the other woman was angry because she believed Taylor reported her to the police. Duncan corroborated Taylor’s story that the other woman swore at Taylor before slapping her in the face.
Duncan said the other woman fled the home and ran south on Georgia Avenue.
A neighbor said she and several friends were sitting on her front porch and heard the altercation. The neighbor advised that she did not see anyone else leave the residence.
Based on the neighbor’s statement and that of the original complainant, the officer cited Duncan and Taylor for disorderly conduct. Duncan was transported to the detention center, but, according to the report, Taylor was cited and released “due to another unrelated investigation.”
Other recent arrests made by Winder Police include:
• Anthony Cyrus Booker, 48, 540 Green Street, Monroe, first degree forgery.
• Barbara Jean Bushey, 48, 1124 Hwy. 211, Winder, DUI and seatbelt violation.
• Benjamin Henry Tidwell, 30, 280 King Street, Winder, family violence simple battery, simple assault and interference with a 911 call.
• Celeste Faye Morales, 17, 2198 Broad Street, Winder, underage possession of alcohol, public intoxication and disorderly conduct.
• Christina Thompson, 29, 92 Hill Top Circle, Auburn, DUI, speeding and failure to yield.
• Christopher Mayweather, 19, 512 Stoneridge Drive, Winder, battery.
• Crystal Thurmond, 26, 519 Thurmond Circle, Statham, failure to maintain lane, DUI and child endangerment.
• David Gabriel Hudson, 27, 233 East Wright Street, Winder, DUI.
• David Lamar Mitchell, 40, 1072 Briscoe Mill Road, Bethlehem, obstruction and theft by shoplifting.
• David Scott Turpin, 33, 552 Hancock Avenue, Athens, failure to appear.