Police were called to a Carter Road home after a resident discovered his television and computer had been stolen.
The victim said he returned home at approximately 2 a.m. on June 13 and found that the front door to his residence had been pried open.
Upon checking the residence, the victim noticed that his new 52” 1080p HD television was missing along with an older model Hewlett Packard laptop computer.
The victim could not provide serial numbers for either item and police were unable to locate any usable fingerprints in the home.
The case remains under investigation.
Other recent incidents investigated by Auburn Police include:
• deceased person on Parks Mill Road. A man contacted police after he could not get his 66-year-old friend to answer his door. The man was concerned because his friend was in bad health. The man was discovered dead inside his apartment. The death was ruled to be from natural causes.
• entering auto on Berry Way. A GPS unit was stolen out of an unlocked truck.
• theft by taking on Oakleaf Drive. A basketball pole was reported stolen. The pole had been knocked down and was scheduled to be reinstalled.
• domestic dispute on Glen Terrace Road. Three individuals were cited for disorderly conduct after police were called to referee a dispute between a son and his mother. Police had been called to the residence numerous times in the past including ten calls for domestic disputes.
• domestic dispute on Willow Gate Way. Police were called after a mother and daughter engaged in a small shoving match over car keys. No one was injured and no charges were filed.