A Bethlehem woman suffered several scratches to her eyes and nose after an altercation with an ex-boyfriend.
The woman said she and Lamadre Marquis Tanner, 27, of 102 Lighthouse Way in Winder, dated for several months but had ended the relationship a month prior. Though the two no longer dated, the woman said they continued to see each other at the homes of mutual friends.
Last week, Tanner helped the woman purchase a dog. The woman said the dog cost $100. According to the woman, Tanner paid $60 as a gift to her and she paid the remaining $40.
The next day, the woman was visiting her sister when Tanner arrived at the residence. The woman said everything was fine at first, but then Tanner became upset when she informed him that she no longer wanted him around her.
Tanner allegedly informed the woman he was taking the dog. The woman said Tanner needed to return the $40 she paid before leaving with the animal. When Tanner refused, the woman threatened to call the police.
The woman said Tanner then pushed her to the ground and pressed his thumbs into her eyeballs. The woman said Tanner also punched her in the arm before taking the dog and leaving.
A warrant was taken for Tanner’s arrest.
Other recent arrests made by Winder Police include:
• Apasara Childress Langley, 44, 21 Buena Vista Street, Winder, cruelty to children and criminal trespass.
• Alesia Joan Bunnell, 41, 2882 Sam Calvin Drive, Dacula, public intoxication and disorderly conduct.
• Alison Nicole Cooper, 25, 230 Manning Gin Road, Bethlehem, possession of a controlled substance.
• Andrea Charlene Clark, 36, 258 East Fifth Avenue, Winder, failure to appear.
• Antonio Reza Stilwell, 29, 17 Horton Street, Winder, failure to appear and probation violation.
• Berzain Ortiz, 38, 73 East Wright Street, Winder, driving while unlicensed and failure to yield to emergency vehicle.
• Brian Leslie Bunnell, 49, 2882 Sam Calvin Drive, Dacula, DUI.