Auburn Police responded to numerous thefts during the past week. In several cases, thieves made off with unsecured items left outside the home.
In two of the thefts, items that had been stored in carports were taken.
On May 25, police were called to a Parks Mill residence after the homeowner realized her bicycle had been stolen. The Shogun Rock Mountain 21-speed lady’s bicycle was valued at $350.
The following day, police were called to a nearby Parks Mill Road residence after the homeowner realized her Hoover steam cleaner had been stolen. The woman said she had last seen the appliance on May 25 and was uncertain when it had been taken. The steam cleaner has an estimated value of $279.
There were no witnesses to either theft.
Other recent incidents investigated by Auburn Police include:
• theft by taking on Hilltop Circle. A four-wheeler valued at $2,000 was reported stolen.
• theft by taking on Carter Road. A retro egg chair valued at $40 was stolen off a man’s front porch.
• entering auto on Jockey Lane. A wallet containing $100 in cash along with a driver’s license and concealed weapons permit was reported stolen.
• theft on Carter Road. A piece of gutter valued at $50 was reported stolen. The homeowner said the gutter was in the yard when she went inside the house to take a break from yard work. When she returned, the gutter was missing.
• domestic dispute on River Glen Road. A man and his wife had an argument over money. There were no signs of violence.
• domestic dispute on Peyton Lane. A man and wife began arguing after the husband became upset over the volume of the television.