Statham Police are investigating several recent burglaries.
On May 20, a residence on Hayes Lake Road was burglarized. Police are also investigating a May 19 burglary at an Atlanta Highway business.
On May 27, an Eighth Street residence was burglarized. The homeowners reported an undetermined amount of coins missing.
Electronics including televisions and video games were taken in a May 30 burglary on Broad Street. A car was also stolen at the location and recovered several hours later in Jackson County.
Other recent incidents investigated by Statham Police include:
• forgery on Atlanta Highway. Police were called to an Atlanta Highway business on May 22 after a counterfeit bill was discovered. The incident remains under investigation.
• domestic dispute on Euclid Street. The incident was reported on May 22.
• criminal trespass on Wise Court. The report was taken on May 21.
• harassing phone calls on McCarty The incident was reported on May 19.
• disturbance on Eighth Street. Three people were arrested in connection with the May 29 incident. Kellie Juanita Faulkner, 30, Sandra Ellen Hopkins, 52 and Christopher Gary Faulkner, 33, all of Statham, were each charged with affray.
Statham Police also investigated several traffic accidents in the past two weeks.
On May 18, two vehicles were involved in a collision on Atlanta Highway near Bethlehem Road. No injuries were reported.
A second accident occurred on May 27. One person was transported to Athens Regional Medical Center after a two-car collision on Hwy. 316 at Bethlehem Road.
On May 29, police were called to a single vehicle accident on Price Street. There were no injuries.
For the past two weeks, Statham officers have issued 30 citations and four warnings.