The July 20 Republican Primary election is critical for Barrow County. Our local races will have a great impact on our future and way of life.
The first of our four candidate forums will be June 7 for those running for our 7th U.S. District nomination. At the end of their five minutes of speaking time, each will be asked the following two questions with two minutes for response on each:
1. What is the top asset you bring to the table which makes you the best candidate for our vote?
2. Name one issue on which you differ with current U.S. Rep. John Linder, and explain.
In addition to individual candidate races, there are three non-binding questions on the Republican Primary ballot. These are designed to gather voter input to help the local Party and our elected officials.
1. “Would you favor reduced federal spending to reduce massive federal deficits?”
2. “Would you favor federal tax increases to reduce massive federal deficits?”
3. “Would you favor raising any local taxes to pay Barrow’s portion of proposed passenger rail service between Atlanta and Athens?”
We encourage Republican Primary voters to give these questions their serious consideration. To vote on these and for Republican candidates, please choose a Republican Primary election ballot.
Barrow County Republican Party