A Winder man called police after his ex-boyfriend showed up at his house and refused to leave.
The man told police that, Theo Allen Griffith Jr., 63, of 45 West Wright Street in Winder, was jealous of his new boyfriend and wanted to make trouble.
As the officer approached the residence, he saw Griffith stagger into West New Street. The officer asked Griffith what he was doing and Griffith advised that he was headed home.
Upon speaking with Griffith, the officer noticed a strong odor of alcoholic beverage. Griffith admitted drinking, saying that he had been to the Winder Barrow Speedway and “had a few.”
Due to Griffith’s intoxicated state and the fact that he had caused problems at his ex-boyfriend’s house, Griffith was arrested for public intoxication and transported to the Barrow County Detention Center.
Other recent arrests made by Winder Police include:
• Alan Dean Hatton Jr., 22, 2374 Greeson Road, Statham, failure to appear and theft by taking.
• Alfonso Carrasco-Rodriguez, 25, 411 New Liberty Road, Braselton, DUI, driving while unlicensed, open container and failure to maintain lane.
• Leonard Marquez Hinton, 29, 49 East New Street, Winder, outstanding warrant.
• Michael Ryan Morris, 20, 104 West May Street, Winder, failure to appear, statutory rape, contributing to the delinquency of a minor, interference with custody, sexual battery and child molestation.
• Mitchell Drew Morris, 23, 104 West May Street, Winder, enticing a child for indecent purposes, contributing to the delinquency of a minor, interference with custody and child molestation.
• Raymond Calloway Gorman III, 30, 6015 Oakbrook Parkway, Norcross, probation violation.
• Roosevelt Billings, 47, 150 East Wright Street, Winder, VGCSA, distribution of a controlled substance on or near school property, possession of less than one ounce of marijuana, possession of a firearm by a convicted felon and possession of a firearm or knife while trying to commit crimes.