The Barrow County Superior Court recently sentenced the following people. Those charged and their sentences are listed below. Charges listed as nolle prosequi are those in which the prosecutor or plaintiff indicated they would not proceed with the case. In criminal cases, a disposition of nolle prosequi may be entered when evidence proves innocence or charges cannot otherwise be proved.
The following sentences were issued as part of negotiated plea agreements on April 12 and 15, 2010 with Superior Court Judge Joseph Booth presiding:
• Travis Martin Huggins, possession of cocaine with intent to distribute: 15 years probation, serve two years suspended upon completion of 150 days in the Barrow County Detention Center with credit for time served, testify truthfully at trial, complete evaluation and treatment for substance abuse and pay a $2,500 fine. Sale of cocaine: nolle prosequi.
• Zachary Wayne Partee, affray: first offender treatment, 12 months probation and a $500 fine. Aggravated assault on a peace officer, DUI less safe, reckless driving and hit and run: first offender treatment, 24 hours confinement, six years probation, 40 hours of community service, complete risk reduction, serve two years suspended upon completion of six months of intensive probation, restitution and a fine of $2,000. Simple battery, open container, seat belt violation and underage possession of alcohol: nolle prosequi.
• Vontarius Marquezz Cook, possession of marijuana with intent to distribute and theft by taking: first offender treatment, five years probation, no contact with victim, $2,500 in restitution and a $2,000 fine. Crossing guardline with drugs and criminal trespass: nolle prosequi.
The following sentences were issued as part of negotiated plea agreements on April 14, 2010 with Superior Court Judge David Motes presiding:
• Travis Flannigan, possession of less than one ounce of marijuana: 12 months probation and a $750 fine. Sale of cocaine: ten years probation, serve two years suspended upon completion of 90 to 120 days in state detention center, intensive probation including 96 hours of community service and a $3,000 fine.
• Stacy Lawayne Griffin, four counts of unlawful acquisition of a controlled substance: eight years probation, complete evaluation and treatment for substance abuse and a $1,000 fine.
• Mikecell Duncan, theft by taking and criminal trespass: two years probation less 115 days confinement, 100 hours of community service and a $1,000 fine.