Auburn Police were called to an area store after an employee discovered five checks from the same account had been returned for insufficient funds.
The employee provided copies of five checks drawn on an account held by Chancey Construction Inc. of 531 Chicken Lyle Road in Winder. According to the employee, the checks had been cashed between January 16 and 19 for a total of $1,141.
The investigating officer learned that Winder Police also have an open case regarding the same account.
Attempts by police to reach a company representative at the phone number listed on the checks were unsuccessful. A recording indicated the number was no longer in service.
The case remains under investigation.
Other recent incidents investigated by Auburn Police include:
• domestic dispute on Apalachee Church Road. A husband and wife argued after the man refused to give the woman $300 for a trip to Texas.
• criminal trespass on Courtney Lane. A woman called police after her bipolar son became angry and kicked a hole in a bedroom wall. The woman requested documentation for the landlord.
• disorderly conduct on Hilltop Circle. A woman was cited for disorderly conduct after screaming at her neighbor. The incident was recorded on videotape and shown to police as evidence.
• aggravated stalking on Auburn Park Drive. A man reported that his ex-wife and her new boyfriend had been stalking him at his place of business in violation of a protective order.
• criminal trespass on River Glen Road. A man called police after seeing a man wearing a dark-colored hooded jacket running from his yard into the woods behind his residence. Police searched the area, but were unable to locate the suspect.
• disorderly conduct on Carter Road. A man was cited for disorderly conduct after officers heard the man screaming inside his home in a “manner that was disruptive to the community.” The man said he was angry that his dog had destroyed property inside the house and then run away from the residence.