Three Auburn men were charged with robbery and battery after attacking a Winder man at a Quail Valley Road location.
The victim said he was visiting with friends when he was attacked from behind by four men. According to the victim, the robbers stole over $100 in cash, a Metro PCS cell phone and the key to his house. The victim was able to identify three of his four attackers by name and was able to provide the home address for two of his assailants.
Police visited the address provided by the victim and interviewed Cory James Slaughter, 17, of 114 Quail Valley Road in Auburn along with a 16-year-old male who resides at the same address.
Both men denied knowing the victim and claimed not to know anyone matching the victim’s description.
The juvenile was found to have $72 in cash as well as merchandise from the Kangaroo totaling $16. The juvenile also had a small pipe containing a substance believed to be marijuana residue. Slaughter was later found to have a plastic bag filled with marijuana and approximately $120 in cash on his person along with a bag of marijuana and several oxycodone pills hidden at his house.
Based on the physical and clothing description provided by the victim as well as evidence at the scene which included the victim’s cell phone, police were able to positively identify Slaughter and the juvenile as two of the attackers. The juvenile’s mother also completed a witness statement indicating that she heard her son say he was going to “jump” the victim.
The juvenile was charged with battery, robbery and possession of less than one ounce of marijuana and released to his mother. Slaughter was charged with battery, robbery, possession of a controlled substance and felony possession of marijuana and was transported to the Barrow County Detention Center.
Police later located a third attacker, Jordan Alexander Collins, 19, of 316 Carter Road in Auburn, at his home. Collins was charged with robbery and battery and also transported to the Barrow County Detention Center.
Other recent arrests made by Auburn Police include:
• Alan James King, 34, 1452 Elliots Lane, Auburn, DUI.
• Daniel Keith Gregory, 27, 308 Kilcrease Road, Auburn, VGCSA.
• Dennis Anthony Sheward, 23, 316 Carter Road, Auburn, interference with a 911 call.
• Jason Lee Carden, 28, 316 Carter Road, Auburn, two counts of third degree cruelty to children, criminal trespass, family violence battery, two counts of obstruction, interference with a 911 call, VGCSA and second degree cruelty to children.
• Joshua Bruce Hunter, 25, 141 Crest Point Court, Auburn, possession of less than one ounce of marijuana.
• Justin Patrick Morris, 17, 1732 Wynfield Lane, Auburn, driving while license suspended.
• Kimberly Michelle Bradford, 32, 962 Auburn Road, Dacula, outstanding warrants, no insurance and possession of a controlled substance.
• Laurie Potts Bales, 38, 584 Black Stock Road, Auburn, first degree forgery and theft by taking.
• Matthew Allen Strickland, 19, 856 Georgetown Drive, Winder, terroristic threats and acts.
• Michael Danarde Lyles, 28, 745 Hill Meadows Drive, Dacula, VGCSA marijuana.
• Robert Junior Flanagan, 42, 602 Dee Kennedy Road, Winder, probation violation.
I am certain that APD only followed through because the victim knew the address, clothes the attackers were wearing, and their names...otherwise I am positive that this crime would still be unsolved because the police department would actually have to do their job. Hats off to ya fellas!!! You did an outstanding bit of police work on this one, too bad you did not get to use the new dog or "thug-finder"...that would have made this article one for the scrapbook.