A Jefferson man exited Downriggers bar last week and discovered that all four tires on his 2001 Cadillac Deville had been punctured.
The man’s girlfriend said she believed her ex-boyfriend may have been responsible for the damage.
According to the girlfriend, her ex entered the bar and called her a “whore.” The woman said she has received numerous text messages from her ex-boyfriend about their relationship. The woman said she ended the relationship after it became violent.
The woman claimed a friend of hers said that the ex-boyfriend was outside slashing the tires on the woman’s vehicle. The woman said she and her current boyfriend have identical vehicles and that her ex may have confused the two cars.
The officer determined that the tires had been damaged by some sort of knife.
The incident remains under investigation.
Other recent incidents investigated by Winder Police include:
• fight on North Broad Street. A man suffered a broken nose after “talking trash” escalated to a physical confrontation.
• disorderly conduct on West Midland. Two teens were cited for disorderly conduct, obstruction and underage consumption of alcohol after a large fight on West Midland Avenue. Both were released to a parent.
• lost property on Marion Lay Street. A brown wallet containing $3, a CVS card, a food bank card and a driver’s license was reported missing.
• burglary on West Oak Street. A man reported that someone entered his home and took his blood pressure, cholesterol and diabetes medications. There were no signs of forced entry.
• theft by receiving on Tuggle Street. A man learned that the $80 television he had purchased was listed as stolen property.
• hit and run on Apperson Drive. A woman called police after noticing her vehicle had damage on the rear bumper and tail light. The vehicle had been in a parking lot overnight.
• criminal damage to property on North Fifth Avenue. A woman said her vehicle was vandalized while parked at Winder Barrow High School. An unknown person wrote the word “hi” on her vehicle using an unidentified hard object which gouged the paint.
• harassing phone calls on Brookview Terrace. A woman said her former roommate was angry that she moved out without paying some disputed bills. The woman said she had received sixteen texts and phone calls the day of the report.
• verbal dispute on Sims Road. Two men engaged in a verbal dispute over their property line. The dispute has been ongoing for several years.
• theft of lost or mislaid property. A man said a female acquaintance dropped him off at a store and then drove away with his cell phone and wallet in her vehicle.
• entering auto on East Athens Street. A woman’s purse was stolen from her vehicle while it was parked behind Lanier Tech. The purse contained the woman’s driver’s license, social security card, check book, government refund check and numerous credit cards.
• abandoned vehicle on Lily Drive. A black Pontiac Firebird was towed after an officer discovered it partially in the roadway. The steering column was broken and the windshield had been cracked in several places. Efforts to locate the owner were unsuccessful.
• theft on South Broad Street. A pitching machine was stolen after being left in front of a business.
• recovered stolen property. A stolen bicycle was found abandoned in a yard.