A Winder man was arrested after a fight over pots on a microwave turned violent.
Mike Lee Bradford, 53, of 1056 Standard Drive in Atlanta, said he and his girlfriend’s male roommate got into an argument about pots being placed on top of a microwave. The male roommate told Bradford not to put pots on the microwave because he did not want the appliance to get scratched.
During the course of the argument, Bradford allegedly grabbed the man and pushed him to the ground. The victim said Bradford yelled at him and threatened to hurt his dog. The victim said when he tried to call 911, Bradford yanked the phone away and threw it across the room.
When police arrived, the victim said that Bradford and Carol Ann Sanders, 53, of 260 Courtyard Circle in Winder, had been drinking and smoking marijuana inside the home.
Upon entering the residence, the officer noticed a strong odor of burnt marijuana. Bradford, who was sitting at the kitchen table smoking a cigarette, told the officer that no one had smoked any marijuana in the house.
At that point, the officer looked at the ashtray on the table and saw a small amount of green leafy material and a hand rolled cigarette. Bradford said the cigarette contained tobacco, but, when the officer tore the cigarette open, he discovered it held a substance which appeared to be marijuana.
When the officer questioned Sanders about the marijuana, she admitted that she and Bradford had smoked some earlier in the evening, but that it was all gone by the time the officer arrived.
Bradford was arrested and charged with simple battery, interference with a 911 call and possession of less than one ounce of marijuana. Sanders was charged with possession of less than one ounce of marijuana.
Both were transported to the Barrow County Detention Center.
Other recent arrests made by Winder Police include:
• Alician Brooke Richardson, 17, 519 Walton Road, Monroe, possession of less than one ounce of marijuana.
• Andrea Deon Lumpkin, 30, 2653 Sims Kidd Road, Comer, failure to appear.
• Christopher Michael Sims, 28, 242 West Oak Street, Winder, outstanding warrants.
• Jimmy Ashton Jones, 23, 120 Second Street, Winder, DUI, fleeing and attempting to elude, obstruction, reckless driving, open container, failure to maintain lane, failure to signal, failure to obey a traffic control device and driving while license suspended or revoked.
• Karen India Sue Hudson, 18, 132 Bellingrath Drive, Winder, failure to appear.
• Keith Michael Avery Jr., 24, 583 Friendship Church Road, Monroe, probation violation.
• Kevin Carter Green, 34, 40 Williams Court, Winder, family violence simple battery.
• Broderick Kiwanice Jones, 21, 1390 Morrow Drive, Bethlehem, VGCSA marijuana, possession of marijuana with intent to distribute, driving without headlights when required and giving false name or information to a law enforcement officer.
• Japaul Edward Winston, 22, 1543 Saint Dunstans Road, Lithonia, unlawful use of central lane and driving while license suspended.
• Timothy Lee Stapp, 21, 901 Ford Road, Jefferson, disturbance in a beer establishment, fraudulent license, public intoxication and obstruction.