A Winder man was struck repeatedly after refusing to go to the store and buy cigarettes for his girlfriend.
The man said he was just trying to soak his feet for relief from a diabetic condition when Darenda Gay Johnson, 44, of 196 Graham Street in Winder, demanded he go to the store and buy her some cigarettes.
The man said he did not want to go to the store because he had just bought her a pack earlier that day. The man said Johnson allows her friends to come over and smoke her cigarettes.
When the man refused to go to the store, Johnson reportedly swore at him and began hitting the man. The man was bleeding from a scratch on the nose when officers arrived at the residence.
Johnson admitted that she became angry when the man would not go buy her cigarettes. She said she began yelling at the man and he grabbed her. When the officer asked why the man grabbed her, Johnson said she was swinging at him and he grabbed her so that she could not hit him anymore.
Johnson was arrested on charges of family violence battery and transported to the county jail.
Other recent arrests by Winder Police include:
• Allen Dean Burt, 43, 213 Whistleville Court, Winder, failure to appear.
• Betty Roxanne Yother, 43, 271 East Wright Street, Winder, failure to appear.
• David Franklin Reeve, 39, 2123 Imperial Drive, Gainesville, no insurance and driving while license suspended.
• David James Stancil, 24, 957 Ward Road, Hoschton, probation violation.
• Donquavious Mayweather, 17, 124 Second Street, Winder, outstanding warrant.
• Edna Lawrence Harris, 63, 24 Horton Street, Winder, battery.
• Francisco Emilio Carrasco, 38, 1124 Rock Springs Road, Lawrenceville, driving without a license.
• Francisco Torres-Ibarra, 25, 364 Sanders Circle, Winder, loitering, second degree criminal damage to property, criminal trespass and VGCSA cocaine.
• Homero Guerrero Lara, 27, 357 Sanders Circle, Winder, driving while unlicensed and no tag light.
• Isaiah Stephon Hudson, 17, 132 Belingrath Drive, Winder, three counts of aggravated assault.