Police were dispatched to Turtle Creek subdivision after a resident reported seeing an occupied silver Isuzu Rodeo parked in the new section of the neighborhood.
The responding officer arrived as the vehicle was leaving the neighborhood and conducted a traffic stop.
The driver, Austin Charles Sales, 19, 429 Foxdale Road in Winder, said he and the other two vehicle occupants Allen Brantley Duncan, 19, of 715 Worth Court in Bethlehem, and Christopher Lee Sloan, 17, of 287 Foxdale Court in Winder, were in the neighborhood visiting friends. During the conversation, the officer noticed an odor of burnt marijuana in the vehicle.
The officer returned to his vehicle to check the subjects for warrants. While awaiting the results, he noticed Duncan nervously moving around in the vehicle.
The officer returned to the vehicle and asked Sales to exit the vehicle. When asked, Sales said he did not believe Duncan had any contraband in the vehicle and gave the officer consent to search.
Once backup arrived, the officer asked Sloan to exit the vehicle and patted him down for weapons. During the pat down, the officer discovered a wood colored tobacco pipe in Sloan’s pocket which smelled of burnt marijuana. Sloan denied using the pipe to smoke weed saying it was for tobacco only.
After checking Duncan for contraband, the officer began searching the vehicle and discovered a dark colored glass pipe commonly used for smoking marijuana under the driver’s seat. Next to the pipe was a purple mint tin containing a green leafy substance the officer suspected was marijuana.
When the officer asked the three men who owned the pipe, Sales said a friend asked him to hold onto the pipe for him. All three denied knowing anything about the pot in the mint tin.
As a result, the officer arrested all three for misdemeanor possession of marijuana and possession of drug related objects.
Other recent arrests made by Winder Police include:
• Christopher Charles Hester, 43, 154 East Wright Street, no insurance.
• Christopher Eugene Hammond, 21, 301 Russell Cemetery Road, Winder, driving with suspended license.
• Christopher Ryan Wilmont, 24, 4570 Hwy. 53, Hoschton, probation violation.
• Donald William Hardie, 22, 1250 Highway 60, Hoschton, open container.
• Donquaivian Montay Smith, 18, 8 W. Williams Street, Winder, possession of cocaine with intent to distribute across guard line.
• Douglas James Young, 54, 60 Horton Street, Winder, outstanding warrants.
• Frederick Demetrius Mack, 38, 253 Glen Avenue Apt. 32, Winder, driving while license suspended.
• James Allen Harvey, 43, homeless, Winder, theft by receiving stolen property.
• Johnny Estefano, 43, 8123 Colquitt Road, Atlanta, driving while unlicensed and fraudulent driver’s license.
• Jonathan Wayne Skinner Jr., 32, 124 Martha Street, Winder, family violence battery.
• Jose Sanchez-Ortiz, 35, 366 Sanders Circle, Winder, driving without a license and failure to obey a traffic control device.
• Karen India Sue Hudson, 18, 132 Bellingrath Drive, Winder, family violence battery.
• Leslie John Morgan, 46, 649 Smith Cemetery Road, Winder, failure to obey traffic control device and DUI.
• Miguel Tenorio Mendez, 40, 844 Briscoe Mill Lot #28, Bethlehem, DUI, fleeing or attempting to elude, driving while unlicensed, driving on wrong side of roadway, turn signal violation, failure to maintain lane, reckless driving and false identification document.
• Robin Gordan Taylor Jr., 41, 913 Justin Drive, Winder, DUI.
• Stephen Starks, 41, 1124 Hwy. 211, Winder, improper plate, no insurance and driving while license suspended.
• Toni Kilgore, 38, 303 Reed Street, Athens, probation violation.