A Winder woman called police after learning that her phone number had been posted in an erotic services advertisement on Craig’s List.
The woman said she received six phone messages from unidentified men asking her to call them back. After returning one of the messages, she learned that the male had obtained her number online. The man said the advertisement indicated that he should call her number “for a good time.”
The woman said a friend found the advertisement on Craig’s List and flagged it for removal. The woman also contacted Craig’s List and was advised that she would have to file a police report before the company would investigate her complaint.
Other recent incidents investigated by Winder Police include:
• verbal domestic dispute on Shenandoah Circle. A woman became angry with her boyfriend after finding incriminating messages on his MySpace account.
• stalking on South Broad Street. A man said another man has been following him for a week.
• verbal domestic dispute on East May Street. A man and woman argued over where to eat. The man said he was angry because he did not want to make the decision by himself.
• damage to property on McNeal Road. Several bricks on the corner of a building were knocked loose, possibly by a vehicle.
• hit and run on West Athens Street. A witness said an 18-wheeler struck a telephone pole at the intersection of Athens and Horton Street. It is unknown if the driver realized he had hit the pole.
• damage to property on Loganville Highway. A glass door and smaller glass pane were smashed at a business.
• theft by taking on Marion Lay Street. Three bicycles were taken from a porch. All three were recovered within 30 minutes, but the perpetrators escaped capture.
• lost or mislaid property on Williams Court. A woman called police after realizing her purse was missing. The woman did not know if the purse was lost or stolen. Her children’s social security cards, birth certificates, two prescriptions and an unknown amount of cash were listed as missing.
• deceased person on Capital Avenue. A 66-year-old man with a history of medical problems was found dead inside his home.
• theft on Shenandoah Drive. Four white plastic lawn chairs and a grill cover were reported missing.
Me, myself, and I
03/06/10 at 04:42 AM
The Craiglist incident--a scorned ex-lover or some female she must have ticked off, lol.
"verbal domestic dispute on Shenandoah Circle. A woman became angry with her boyfriend after finding incriminating messages on his MySpace account."
"verbal domestic dispute on East May Street. A man and woman argued over where to eat. The man said he was angry because he did not want to make the decision by himself."
--this is too funny, because it reminds me of my last relationship. My ex and I would always end up in an argument over where to eat out at because he would always want me to choose and I would want him to choose sometimes, so an argument happens and we would end up not eating out at all, lol.