The Barrow County Superior Court recently sentenced the following people. Those charged and their sentences are listed below. Charges listed as nolle prosequi are those in which the prosecutor or plaintiff indicated they would not proceed with the case. In criminal cases, a disposition of nolle prosequi may be entered when evidence proves innocence or charges cannot otherwise be proved.
The following sentences were issued as part of negotiated plea agreements on Feb. 17, 2010 with Superior Court Judge David Motes presiding:
• Shaka Denard Bolton, theft by taking: One year probation, $1,040 in restitution and a $1,000 fine. Additional count of theft by taking and criminal trespass: nolle prosequi. Burglary: ten years probation, no contact with victim, $372 in restitution and a $1,000 fine.
• Dwight Mathis, false imprisonment and public indecency: two years confinement, three years probation, no contact with victim and a $1,000 fine.
• Franklin Edward Lee, possession of hydrocodeine: five years probation and a $1,000 fine. Drugs to be kept in original container and loitering: nolle prosequi.
• Eddie Burgess, aggravated assault and battery: two months confinement, ten months probation, no contact with victim, $200 in restitution and a $1,000 fine.
• Damon Antonio Kinney, criminal trespass: 12 months probation, no violent contact with victim, restitution of $165 and a $500 fine.
• Dustin Lawrence Moon, theft by taking: six months confinement, six months probation, restitution of $650 and a $500 fine.
• Lebron James Smith, family violence battery, two counts of family violence simple battery and disorderly conduct: six months confinement, 42 months probation, no contact with victim and a $2,000 fine.
The following sentence was amended on Jan. 11, 2010 with Superior Court Judge Joseph Booth presiding:
• Courtney Suzanne Dove, VGCSA: five years probation and a $1,500 fine. Headlight violation: nolle prosequi.