An Auburn woman called police after discovering that her new job was a scam.
The woman had recently been hired as a mail manager with a company named Best Concierge. Her duties included receiving packages and then mailing the packages to another location.
The woman became suspicious and opened two of the packages to make sure she was not shipping illegal drugs. The woman discovered that the packages contained clothes, shoes, electronics and car parts.
Later, the woman received a phone call from a detective in Massachusetts informing her that the operation was a scam. The merchandise the woman had been forwarding had been purchased using a stolen bank card.
The Massachusetts detective instructed the woman to report the activity to Auburn Police.
Other recent incidents investigated by Auburn Police include:
• damage to property on Carter Road. A side mirror of a 2004 Ford F250 was broken.
• domestic dispute on Heritage Way. A woman called police to report that her roommate hit her with a box of rice. No one was charged due to insufficient evidence.
• theft of mislaid property on Christy Lane. A MP3 player was reported stolen after the owner left it on a sidewalk.
• domestic dispute on Carl Cedar Hill Road. A couple argued after the woman became upset about a text message she had viewed on the man’s phone.'
• criminal trespass on Jonaquil Avenue. A window sash was reported broken.
• animal complaint on Hickory Trace. A gray pit bull was reported to be loose in the neighborhood. Officers located the dog and turned the matter over to animal control.
• illegal burning on Auburn Park Drive. A man was cited for burning plastics and other materials in a 50-gallon drum.
Auburn Police also arrested John Casey Kennedy, 18, of 121 Ashwood Drive in Winder, last week for DUI and failure to maintain lane.