A Bethlehem man was arrested after reportedly stealing a car from his father’s business.
Wesley Eugene Martin, 29, of 838 Arch Tanner Road, was charged with theft by taking, entering auto and criminal trespass in connection with the Jan. 22 incident.
Winder Police contacted the Barrow County Sheriff’s Office after investigating a suspicious vehicle on Oak View Drive. A homeowner had called police regarding a vehicle parked in front of his home. The homeowner suspected the car might have been stolen after noticing that the ignition had been punched.
Winder Police made contact with the vehicle owner who advised that the car was supposed to be at his mechanic’s house on Arch Tanner Road.
When questioned by deputies, the mechanic said the vehicle was missing and that he suspected his son had taken it.
Deputies made contact with Martin later that day. Martin admitted taking the vehicle without permission saying he had used it to run errands. He also admitted breaking the ignition switch to start the car since the keys were in his father’s possession.
Martin was arrested and transported to the Barrow County Detention Center.
Other arrests made by sheriff’s deputies this past week include:
• April Christine Poore, 19, 374 Manning Gin Road, Winder, battery and third degree cruelty to children.
• Billy Jay Sims Jr., 35, 603 Peter Street, Statham, hold for other agency.
• Billy Joe Craft, 33, 408 Reynolds Road, Roswell, probation violation.
• Bobby Dwayne Martin Jr., 17, 962 Auburn Road, Auburn, theft by taking, criminal damage to property and burglary.
• Carlos A. Oyuelachironos, 30, 2914 Arendel Drive, Lawrenceville, VGCSA.
• Eric Jonathan Turner, 24, 714 Summerfield Road, Winder, false imprisonment, aggravated assault, battery, cruelty to children and simple assault.
• Eric Lebron Harvey, 37, 1050 Jimmy Daniels Road, Bogart, probation violation.
• Jason Richard Hopkins, 28, 877 Manning Gin Road, Bethlehem, probation violation.
• Joseph Benjamin Clark, 30, 2110 Old Baccus Road, Monroe, theft by conversion.
• Joseph Cecil Black, 50, 255 Georgia Avenue, Winder, sentenced.
• Julie Graham Corman, 43, 1858 Thompson Bridge Road, Gainesville, failure to maintain lane, open container, DUI, driving while license suspended, no insurance, deposit account fraud, failure to appear and probation violation.
• Kristina Elizabeth Ponce, 25, 3002 Old Maysville Road, Commerce, probation violation.
• Laura Lynn Newton, 26, 13 Jefferson Terrace, Jefferson, probation violation.
• Lee Junior Tate, 51, 308 Tanglewood Dr. Apt. B, Monroe, probation violation.
• Michael Elijah Murphy, 23, 259 Franklin Court, Winder, driving in violation of limited permit, driving with suspended license, unsafe operation of radio or telephone, probation violation, DUI, hit and run, failure to maintain lane and open container.
• Monrikta Lamons Atkinson, 30, 412 Northridge Lane, Winder, sentenced to five days.
• Quincy Deangelo Smith, 27, 920 Turk Road, Bethlehem, headlights required, driving while license suspended, contempt of court and probation violation.
• Ralph Rusty Smith, 51, 1330 Creekview Drive, Auburn, discharging a gun or pistol near a roadway, battery and cruelty to children.
• Robert Lewis Taylor, 50, 123 Kimbell Street, Winder, probation violation.
• Ruben Alexander Candelario, 18, 4749 Bold Springs Road, Monroe, DUI and driving without headlights when required.
• Ryan Michael Fisher, 27, 12 Destination Drive, Toccoa, probation violation.