Winder Police were dispatched to Horton Street after receiving reports that a woman had been stabbed. An officer located Michelle Martha Slaughter, 24, of 948 Proctor Street in Atlanta, walking along the roadway.
Slaughter said she had come up from Atlanta to visit her family when her sister “went flip mode” and began assaulting her with a glass bottle.
Slaughter had lacerations to her face, her left arm and her right hand. She was transported to Barrow Regional Medical Center for treatment of her injuries.
While waiting to be treated, Slaughter changed her story. She advised the officer that she and her sister had actually been fighting over weed. Slaughter said she bought her sister some marijuana and her sister threw it back at her. According to Slaughter, her sister then took a wine glass out of her purse and struck Slaughter with it. A few minutes later, Slaughter claimed her mother had also assaulted her.
Another officer interviewed the sister and mother and determined that Slaughter was the primary aggressor and not the victim. After being treated for her injuries, Slaughter was arrested for family violence aggravated assault and battery. She was subsequently transported to the Barrow County Detention Center.
Other arrests made by Winder Police this past week include:
• Allison Campos Marr, 45, 316 East Broad Street, Winder, theft by taking, drugs to be kept in original container and possession of oxycotin.
• Richard Junior Davenport, 52, Dunaway Apartments, Statham, disorderly conduct.
• Shuntavia Tanisha Smith, 19, 2923 Cavern Trail, Statham, seat belt violation, child restraint violation and driving with suspended license.
• Stacy Herbert Hunter, 43, Parkview Circle, Winder, probation violation.
• Tabitha Melinda Peek, 32, 158 East Wright Street, Winder, sale of crack cocaine within 1,000 feet of public schools, sale of crack cocaine, harboring a fugitive and possession of less than one ounce of marijuana.
• Terry Lyles, 57, 89 Elm Street, Winder, failure to appear.