A good Samaritan was arrested after helping an elderly lady who flagged him down on Patrick Mill Road.
The man, Santigo Jamal Taylor, 34, of 1070 Evergreen Oak Way in Dacula, drove the woman to the Waffle House on Auburn Park Drive and bought her breakfast after she asked him for something to eat.
The officer investigating the incident ran Taylor’s license and discovered an outstanding warrant for failure to appear.
Taylor was arrested and transported to the Gwinnett County Detention Center. The elderly lady was driven to her residence and released to her family.
Other arrests made by Auburn Police this past week include:
• Kyle Bruce McDuffie, 22, of 316 Carter Road in Auburn was arrested after fleeing from a residence during an investigation of suspicious drug activity. Officers pursued McDuffie and arrested him at which point they discovered an active warrant out of Hall County for his arrest.
• Rodrigo Juan Ruiz, 19, of 2850 Wadley Lane in Dacula, was charged with possession of less than one ounce of marijuana after being stopped for a traffic violation.
• Jorge Alberto Villa-Gallardo, 24, of 419 Hurricane Shoals Road in Lawrenceville, was arrested after an officer noticed his vehicle parked in an unusual location in the Ingles parking lot. An investigation revealed Villa-Gallardo was unlicensed.
• Joshua Tylon Forrester, 24, of 144 Audry Road in Auburn was charged with possession of marijuana with intent to distribute, carrying a concealed weapon and possession of a firearm or knife while trying to commit crimes.
• Jonathan Eric Willis, 22, of 495 Glen Terrace in Auburn was arrested on charges of child molestation and statutory rape.
• Torrence Shaun Wallace, 29, of 614 Autumn Bomb Way in Lawrenceville, was charged with violations of the Georgia Controlled Substances Act.