A Winder woman called the Barrow County Sheriff’s Office after receiving a threatening phone call.
The caller warned that she intended to burn down the woman’s house. The caller was reportedly angry because one her friends had been evicted by the woman.
Extra patrols were requested for the residence since the caller had indicated she was on the way to the woman’s house.
Other recent incidents investigated by the Barrow County Sheriff’s Office include:
• suspicious activity at the Atlanta Highway Walmart. A shopper called 911 after noticing a man following him through the store. The subject was not located.
• theft by taking on Stag Court. A woman reported the theft of over $700 from her purse. The woman left her purse and wallet unattended at a birthday party. The case remains under investigation.
• burglary on Amber Ridge Road. A power tiller and lawnmower valued at $780 were stolen from the residence.
• burglary at an abandoned house on Boss Hardy Road. The responding deputy reported no contact with anyone at the residence.
• 911 hang up on Mitchell Drive. The caller thought a fight was in progress at a neighboring residence, but hung up when he determined that it was just a loud gathering.
• criminal trespass on Arnold Road. The caller reported hearing an ATV and seeing a spotlight in the woods behind his property. A truck on the property was entered, but nothing was taken.
• criminal trespass on Beau Court. A bullet was fired through a kitchen window and into an interior wall. The damage was estimated at $150.
• civil dispute on Atlanta Highway. A tenant called the Sheriff’s Office after discovering that her father, who is also the landlord, had turned off her hot water because she had not paid her utility bills. The father advised that he plans to begin eviction proceedings.
• entering auto on Loganville Highway. The caller reported $70 missing from a purse inside the vehicle.
• dispute at the Subway on Atlanta Highway. A wheelchair bound woman reported that an unidentified female became agitated after being accidentally hit by the woman’s wheelchair. The woman was frightened to go to her vehicle without an escort.
• civil matter on Tanners Bridge Road. A man requested a deputy escort him to pick up personal belongings from a residence.
• stalking on Loganville Highway. No details were listed in the report.
• neighborhood complaint on Briscoe Mill Road. The caller reported that a juvenile had been riding a four-wheeler in the area of a generator on Georgia Power property.
• civil matter on Georgetown Drive. A woman requested an escort while she removed personal belongings from a residence in compliance with a court order.
• domestic dispute on Mears Street. A woman was accused of stealing $20 from another resident at the location.
• verbal dispute on Azalea Drive. A man asked an intoxicated woman to leave his residence. She did not have a ride and requested the deputy transport her to another location.
• damaged mailbox on Summerfield Road. The victim estimated the mailbox and post would cost $80 to replace.
• 911 hang up on Cedar Creek Drive. The resident said he inadvertently dialed 911 while trying to call his bank. The deputy reported that everything seemed to be in order at the residence.
• 911 hang up on Tom Miller Road. The resident said she had not dialed 911. A check of the residence revealed nothing unusual.
• 911 hang up on Davis Drive. No one was at the residence when a deputy arrived. The deputy reported that all the doors were secure and nothing appeared out of place.
• harassing phone calls on Summerfield Court. The complainant advised that a man had left a message on her husband’s cell phone. The man is prohibited by court order from contacting the complainant or the complainant’s family. The incident is under investigation.
• 911 hang up on Mount Moriah Road. The resident denied calling 911. The deputy checked the residence and found nothing wrong.
• burglary on Bowman Mill Road. The complainant advised that a PlayStation III worth $520 had been stolen from the residence.
• harassing phone calls on Lackey Road. The complainant reported that a man who is the father of a child being carried by an occupant of the house had repeatedly called during the day despite being told not to do so.
• 911 hang up on Paradise Lane. The homeowner said he did not dial 911 and explained that he had been having trouble with his Windstream phone service throughout the day.
• recovered motorcycle on Old Hog Mountain Road. The motorcycle was impounded when the driver abandoned the cycle after fleeing from a pursuing deputy. Deputies were unable to locate the suspect.
• theft by taking at a Puckett Road address. A chocolate pit bull was stolen from the house.
• abandoned vehicle on West Wiseman Road. The vehicle had been involved in an accident a week prior and had not been removed by the owner. The vehicle was impounded.