Statham Police are investigating two recent burglaries.
On Nov. 24, an Eighth Street residence was burglarized. Three flat screen televisions were reported missing.
The other burglary took place on Park Street at the baseball field concession stand. Nothing was taken from the stand.
Police are also investigating a Nov. 23 fight at a business on Statham Drive. Two people were involved in the 11:30 p.m. altercation. According to public information officer Buddy Hardigree, charges are pending.
Other recent incidents investigated by Statham Police include:
• theft by taking reported on Nov. 21 at a business on Atlanta Highway.
• three vehicle traffic accident on Nov. 22 on Highway 316 at McCarty Road. There were no injuries reported.
• disturbance call on Nov. 28 at an Atlanta Highway business. No charges are expected in the case.
• damage to a mailbox on Hammond Road. The damage was reported on Nov. 28.
• two car traffic accident on Nov. 28 at the intersection of Highway 316 and Highway 211. One person was transported to Athens Regional Medical Center. Two other people were taken to St. Mary’s Hospital. The accident remains under investigation.
Police have issued a total of four citations and two warnings since Nov. 20.
Statham Police have also made two arrests since Nov. 20. Those arrested and their charges are as follows:
• William Scott Kirkland, 47, 1608 Butterfly Lane, Statham, outstanding warrants, driving with suspended license and possession of drug related objects.
• Kenneth O’Neal Thompson, 37, 995 Highway 211, Statham, contempt of court – failure to pay child support.