A Winder man was reportedly robbed after refusing to give an acquaintance money.
The victim told police he was sitting on the back steps of the Will Peter Salon and Spa when the suspect approached him asking for money.
The victim said he had been given $15 by a shop clerk at the salon. The clerk walked outside while the victim and the suspect were talking. While the witness was present, the suspect remained calm. As soon as the witness re-entered the shop, the suspect allegedly pointed a .38 caliber revolver at the victim.
The victim said that after he gave the suspect a $10 bill, the suspect pointed the gun at his face. The victim claimed he then walked away from the suspect. The victim told police that when he turned to look back, the suspect was still pointing a gun at him. The suspect then ran away from the location.
The suspect is described as a 17-year-old black male. At the time of the robbery, he was wearing a black shirt and black pants and sported a Mohawk haircut. The victim advised that the suspect resides in Shenandoah Subdivision.
The case remains under investigation.
Other incidents investigated by Winder Police this past week include:
• damage to property on East Broad Street.
• harassment on Springdale Drive.
• verbal dispute on East May Street.
• theft on East May Street.
• stolen vehicle on East May Street.
• criminal trespass on Village Court.
• stolen vehicle recovered on Monroe Highway.
• accident on West May Street at Beulah Street.
• debit card fraud reported on North Broad Street.