A Winder man was arrested after beating his wife and threatening her with a knife.
Police arrested German Choxom-Tash, 48, of 232 Grove Street in Winder, after investigating a domestic dispute reported by Choxom-Tash’s son.
The son said his mother called him at work after being struck by Choxom-Tash. The son immediately called police. When he called his mother back to make sure she was unharmed, the mother reported that Choxom-Tash had grabbed her and threatened to kill her with a knife.
The first officer at the scene found Choxom-Tash in the front yard of the residence. The officer noted that Choxom-Tash appeared to be intoxicated and that the knuckles on his left hand were red, swollen and spotted with blood. Choxom-Tash admitted having four beers.
When the officer met with the victim, he noticed that her eyes were red and her cheek appeared red and swollen. The victim accused Choxom-Tash of striking her in the face multiple times.
According to the police report, the incident began when Choxom-Tash learned that the victim had opened the door to a neighbor. The son advised that Choxom-Tash is extremely jealous and always intoxicated.
The victim expressed fear for her life and concern that Choxom-Tash would continue to become more violent.
Choxom-Tash was arrested and charged with aggravated assault, family violence battery and false imprisonment.
Other arrests made by Winder Police this past week include:
• Nicholas Alexander Atkinson, 17, 185 East Broad Street, Winder, probation violation, family violence simple battery and two counts of second degree cruelty to children.
• Christopher Tracy Jacks, 22, 189 Cabots Creek Drive, Jefferson, possession of marijuana with intent to distribute, distribution or possession of marijuana within 1,000 feet of a park and possession of tools for the commission of a crime.
• Kevin Anthony Kinney, 22, 275 Midland Road, Talmo, possession of Xanax.
• Victor Paul Lovett, 19, 316 Carter Road, lot 128, Auburn, probation violation.
• Amanda Gale Pendergrass, 23, 261 Griffith Street, Winder, VGCSA methamphetamine, transactions in drug related objects and probation violation.
• Cordevro Chrischon Riley, 21, 133 Northridge Drive, Winder, possession of tools for the commission of a crime, possession of cocaine with intent to distribute and parole violation.
• Abel Robert Caldera, 30 512 Shenandoah Lane, Winder, probation violation.
• Michael Christopher Davis, 26, 58 North Broad Street Apt. 4, Winder, possession of marijuana less than one ounce and possession of drug related objects.
• Jermaine Lamont Jackson, 35, 254 Capital Avenue Apt. 49, Winder, driving while license suspended or revoked and too fast for conditions.
• Anthony Antwon Milsap, 24, Butterfly Lane, Monroe, possession of drug related object, drugs to be kept in original container and giving false information or false name.
• Nicholas Demetrius Smith, 26, 243 West Wright Street, Winder, stop sign violation and driving while unlicensed.
• Jonathan Deon Spratlin, 19, 38 Village Court, Winder, obstruction and criminal trespass.
• Jennifer Nicole Thomason, 37, 570 Pendergrass Road, Winder, failure to appear and deposit account fraud.
• Erik Estuardo Perez, 26, 186 Glenview Terrace, Winder, DUI, possession of less than one ounce of marijuana and failure to maintain lane.
• Jessie Lynn Oguin, 22, 11B Matthew School Road, Winder, DUI.
• Frances Thomason Mines, 59, 1521 Eldorlas Court, Stone Mountain, possession of methamphetamine and possession of drug related objects.