Winder Police are investigating a string of burglaries which occurred during the past week.
Police were dispatched to Larry’s Easy Pay on East Candler Street on November 3 after a citizen reported a broken window at the business.
Responding officers entered the business and discovered a broken display case which had contained guns.
The officers later located several firearm cases and other evidence in a nearby alleyway.
Police were able to recover evidence from both the store and the alleyway.
The following day, Winder Police were called to investigate a burglary on Bellingrath Drive.
The homeowner reported over $1,500 worth of art work and painting supplies stolen from her garage. There were no signs of forced entry.
A third burglary occurred on November 8 at the Short Stop on North Broad Street. Police responding to an alarm from the business discovered the front door had been smashed. An empty cash box was the only item taken from the store.
Surveillance video from the store provided police with images of the suspect.
All three incidents remain under investigation.
Other incidents investigated by Winder Police this past week include:
• cruelty to animals on Ashwood Drive.
• entering auto on West Broad Street.
• entering auto on N. Broad Street.
• verbal dispute on Woodlawn Avenue.
• domestic dispute on Seventh Avenue.
• verbal dispute on Charles Court.
• harassing phone calls on Hickory Hollow.
• verbal dispute on Searchlight Court.
• deceased person at a Green Street address.
• drug activity on Wright Street.
• damage to property at a Graham Street address.
• damage to property on Second Street.
• domestic dispute on West May Street.
• verbal dispute on West Athens Street.
• damage to property reported on North Broad.
• identity theft at a Marion Lay Street address.
• damage to property on Atlanta Avenue.
• criminal trespass on May Street.
• damage to property on Grier Road.
• entering auto on South Broad Street.
• suspicious person on Second Street.
• criminal trespass at Victor Lord Park.
• battery at a Georgia Avenue address.
• physical dispute on Capital Avenue.
• harassment on North Broad Street.
• entering auto on Whispering Way.
• fire code violation on West Athens Street.