The Barrow County Superior Court sentenced the following people during the past week. Those charged and their sentences are listed below. Charges listed as nolle prosequi are those in which the prosecutor or plaintiff indicated they would not proceed with the case. In criminal cases, a disposition of nolle prosequi may be entered when evidence proves innocence or charges cannot otherwise be proved.
The following sentences were issued as part of negotiated plea agreements on November 2 and 3, 2009 with Superior Court Judge David Motes presiding:
• Jonathan Manning, armed robbery and aggravated assault with intent to rob: 15 years confinement, 15 years probation, no contact with victim, restitution and a $5,000 fine. Aggravated assault, three counts of aggravated assault with intent to rob and two counts of possession of a firearm during the commission of a crime: nolle prosequi.
• Savalas Hill, two counts of failure to register as a sex offender: ten years probation and $1,000 fine.
• David Dalton, possession of methamphetamine with intent to distribute: First offender treatment, 15 years probation plus $2,000 fine.
• Christopher Ryan Davis, two counts of family violence aggravated assault: two years probation, no contact with victim and $1,000 fine. Aggravated cruelty to animals and influencing witnesses: nolle prosequi.
• Alfred Dodd, theft by taking motor vehicle: 18 months confinement.