A Winder man called the Barrow County Sheriff’s Office after exchanging heated words with a female neighbor.
The man said he was almost struck by a Ford minivan while walking his dog. When he motioned the vehicle to move over, the female driver abruptly stopped, backed her vehicle and yelled, “What you want cracker?”
The man responded by calling the female a “fat, ugly woman.”
After the heated conversation, the man decided to make a report.
Later that day, the female also called the sheriff’s office to report an incident of harassment. A deputy attempted to make contact with the woman, but was unsuccessful.
Other recent incidents investigated by Sheriff’s deputies include:
• suspicious activity on Burson Maddox Road.
• burglary on Ravenwood Drive.
• burglary on Sims Road.
• neighborhood complaint on North Broad Street.
• harassing phone call on Kilpatrick Lane.
• assist motorist on Atlanta Highway.
• harassing phone call on Morris Lane.
• damage to property on Matthew School Road.
• custody dispute on Canoe Court.
• 911 hang up on Nature Court.
• welfare check on Persimmon Place.
• suspicious person in Roxy Wood subdivision.
• improper disposal of an animal carcass at an Atlanta Highway address.