A Lawrenceville man was arrested last Thursday after a disagreement at Downrigger’s bar turned violent.
Justin Wayne Burgess, age 21 of 3165 Duke of Patrick in Lawrenceville allegedly became angry when he wanted to leave the bar but his female companions did not.
One of the females told police that during the course of the argument, Burgess threw a beer bottle at her but missed. Burgess followed the female outside and took the keys to her vehicle. When Burgess punched out the rear passenger side window of her Cadillac Deville with his fist, the female ran back inside the bar and hid under the pool table.
The second female said that Burgess retrieved a liquor bottle from inside the Cadillac and then threw the bottle at her. Burgess ordered the second female to place the liquor bottle back inside the vehicle. The female complied and then Burgess fled the scene.
Burgess was apprehended behind Holly Hill Mall. He was treated at the scene for injuries sustained from punching out the car window.
Burgess was charged with simple assault, criminal trespass and disorderly conduct.
Other arrests made by Winder Police this past week include:
• James Albert Marrisett III, 20, 50 Wade Street, Winder, probation violation.
• Steve William Hanson, 45, 129 West Wright Street, Winder, disorderly conduct, public drunkenness and possession of drug related objects.
• Robert Michael Anderson, 42, 114 Langford Street, Winder, probation violation.
• Maurice Martin Coles, 38, 362 Emily Circle A, Winder, probation violation.
• Chris Riley, 42, 3050 Sentinel Parkway, Lawrenceville, DUI and defective equipment.
• Eric Ray Adams, 19, 170 Georgia Avenue B, Winder, probation violation.
• Mary Nicole Cassell, 32, 789 Johnson Mill Road, Jefferson, failure to appear.
• Marie Marcelle Williams, 56, 63 Wisteria Way, Winder, shoplifting.
• Justin Willingham Wall, 28, 897 Fording Island Road, Bluffton, S.C., DUI, open container and failure to obey traffic control device.
• Charles Wayne Michael, 29, 355 Miles Patrick Road, Winder, simple battery, false imprisonment and criminal trespass.
• Braulio Navataboada, 25, 234 Scott Circle, Winder, driving while unlicensed and failure to stop at a stop sign.
• Jorge Castre Jon Negrete, 19, 5607 Carnelian Drive, Stockton, Cal., possession of alcohol by a minor, stop sign violation, speeding, driving without license on person, failure to maintain lane and DUI.
• Kimberly Star Mullins, 29, 194 Glenview Terrace, Winder, battery.