The Barrow County Superior Court sentenced five people during the past week. Those charged and their sentences are listed below. Charges listed as nolle prosequi are those in which the prosecutor or plaintiff indicated they would not proceed with the case. In criminal cases, a disposition of nolle prosequi may be entered when evidence proves innocence or charges cannot otherwise be proved.
The following sentences were issued as part of negotiated plea agreements:
• Thomas Jeffrey Knight, VGCSA possession of methamphetamine: four years probation and $1,000 fine.
• Lanny Williams, family violence simple battery: 30 days confinement, eleven months probation, no violent contact with victim and $500 fine. Reckless conduct, simple battery, simple assault and criminal trespass: nolle prosequi.
• Kody James Robertson, entering auto: five years probation, no contact with victim and $1,000 fine. Theft by taking: nolle prosequi.
• Michael T. Sanders, first degree forgery: ten years probation and $1,000 fine.
• Anthony Rogers, possession of cocaine and pedestrian under the influence: three years confinement, 12 years probation and $2,000 fine. Obstruction: 12 months confinement with credit for time served. Criminal damage to property: nolle prosequi.