An hour long attempt by a Barrow County Sheriff’s deputy to mediate a domestic dispute ended with the arrest of two people.
The deputy was dispatched to 1653 White Oak Drive in Winder to investigate a domestic dispute.
Upon arrival, the deputy was met by Nancy Ellen Thomas, 50. Mrs. Thomas informed the deputy that she and her husband, Robert Wayne Thomas, 55, were arguing over their son.
Mrs. Thomas claimed that Mr. Thomas attempted to lock her in the bathroom in order to prevent her from taking their car to Philadelphia to see their son.
Mr. Thomas said he tried to explain to his wife that the car was not mechanically sound enough for the trip and that they did not have the money to travel to Philadelphia. Mr. Thomas said he did not try to prevent his wife from leaving, but said he needed the car for work.
After explaining to both parties that they could not yell or use vulgar language, the deputy allowed Mr. and Mrs. Thomas the opportunity to sit down and discuss the matter.
Despite several attempts to maintain calm, the argument escalated and the deputy was forced to take Mr. and Mrs. Thomas into custody.
Both parties were charged with disorderly conduct.
Others arrested by the Barrow County Sheriff’s Department this past week include:
• Jasmine B. Austion, 21,405 Fordale Road, Winder, DUI, failure to maintain lane, driving while unlicensed and hit and run.
• Chase James Burrell, 23, 3504 West Elmwood Circle, Snellville, probation violation.
• Barbara Jean Bushey, 47, 1124 Highway 211, Winder, probation revocation.
• Jose Geovany Cardenas, 33, 9155 Satellite Blvd., Duluth, sale of cocaine.
• Chad Christopher Creel, 26, 392 Arrowhatchee Drive, Winder, false imprisonment, battery, criminal trespass and violation of family violence order.
• William Stanley Delaney, 48, 585 Eight Street, Statham, speeding, probation violation, failure to appear and driving while license suspended.
• John Augustus Gibbs, Jr., 51, 487 Christopher Road, Sharpsburg, probation violation.