A Winder man was arrested after an argument turned into a destructive rampage at his girlfriend’s house.
According to police reports, Cedrick Cornell Jefferson, 24, of 199 Dean Way in Winder, argued with his girlfriend over some spilled juice on the bedroom floor.
During the argument, Jefferson became enraged and hurled a beer bottle with enough force to break the bedroom window.
After breaking the window, Jefferson began smashing all the glassware in the house. Jefferson continued his violent outburst by overturning the sofa, punching holes in the wall, flipping the washing machine, smashing picture frames and damaging the power supply to the home.
The entire incident was witnessed by the girlfriend’s two children. Neither the girlfriend nor her children were harmed during the incident.
During the investigation, police seized drug paraphernalia, a handgun and a stun gun from the residence.
Jefferson was arrested and charged with cruelty to children, disorderly conduct and criminal damage to property.
Other arrests made by Auburn Police this past week include:
• Jason Martin Hibbert, 22, 700 Arden Drive, Winder, failure to appear.
• Patricia Anne Rainwater, 38, 182 Parks Mill Apt. 27, Auburn, violation of probation.
• Jonathan Eric Willis, 22, 495 Glen Terrace, Auburn, battery.
• Mark Alan Pestel, 48, 285 Fieldview Drive, Auburn, DUI, VGCSA, drugs to be kept in original container, failure to maintain lane and possession of drug related objects.
• Jason Todd Schunke, 21, 1310 Harmony Grove Church Road, Auburn, tampering with evidence, obstruction of a law enforcement officer, theft by receiving stolen property, carrying a pistol without a license and possession of less than one ounce of marijuana.
• Matthew Franklin Weaver, 20, 1415 Lamont Circle, Dacula, possession of less than one ounce of marijuana.