Winder Police were called to a soccer field on 2nd Street last week in response to a reported fight between two men.
When police arrived, one of the subjects said he was driving and “somehow his vehicle struck another vehicle,” but he did not know how it happened. The driver claimed the owner of the other vehicle approached him and shoved him down the hill.
The owner of the vehicle that was hit claimed he “nicely” asked the driver if he was responsible. The vehicle owner said the driver became very irate and began cursing him. According to the vehicle owner, the driver then violently bumped him in the chest. The vehicle owner said he pushed the man away, causing him to fall down the hill.
A witness corroborated the vehicle owner’s story.
Neither man was injured. The investigating officer advised the men to contact the Magistrate’s Court if they wished to pursue charges.
Other incidents investigated by Winder Police this past week include:
• entering auto on Jamie Court.
• theft by conversion on Broad Street.
• no insurance on East Candler Street.
• damage to property at a West May Street address.
• theft by taking on Griffith Street.
• verbal dispute on Broad Street.
• burglary at a New Street address.
• criminal trespass on Lays Lane.
• entering auto at a West New Street address.
• lost or mislaid property reported on Monroe Highway.
• lost property on East May Street.
• damage to property on Wood Avenue.
• damage to property on Saint Ives Lane.
• gas drive off on North Broad Street.
• criminal damage to property at a North Fifth Avenue address.
• entering auto on Harpy Eagle Drive.
• shoplifting on Monroe Highway.
• criminal trespass at a Nancy Street address.
• domestic violence on King Street.
• aggravated assault at a North Broad Street location.