What began as a routine traffic accident investigation ended with the arrest of two subjects on felony drug charges last week.
Winder Police officers investigating an accident at the intersection of South Broad Street and May Street were approached by the manager of the CVS pharmacy with information about the female occupant of one of the vehicles involved in the collision.
The manager told police that a female entered the CVS with a white bag in her hand. The female entered the store restroom with the bag, but exited without it. The store manager searched the restroom and located the white bag before contacting the police.
Three other witnesses reported seeing the female and the male occupant of the vehicle “panicking” over the white bag.
When police took possession of the bag from the store manager, they found it contained two separate bags of marijuana and a set of digital scales.
Officers reviewed video footage from the store’s security cameras which showed the female suspect entering the store with the white bag.
While interviewing the store manager, police saw the suspects, Summer Taylor Potts-Moon, 17, of 154 Williams Road in Auburn and Christopher Darnell Dukes, 19 of 215 Lynn Road in Bethlehem, walking around inside the store.
Potts-Moon and Dukes were placed under arrest and charged with possession of a controlled substance and possession of a controlled substance with intent to distribute.
Other arrests made by Winder Police this past week include:
• Tammy Lee Sims, 41, 185 East Broad Street C, Winder, public drunkenness and disorderly conduct.
• Ernest Ryan Overstreet, 19, 1013 Bell Road, Winder, license not on person, no insurance and suspended registration.
• Julie Ann Arroyo, 39, 739 Baskins Circle, Winder, shoplifting.
• Amy Rene Martin, 29, 816 N. Clayton Street #10, Lawrenceville, probation violation.
• Robert Lee Parks, 55, 194 Glenview Terrace, Winder, entry upon property.
• Jose Valadez, 20, 367 Sanders Circle, Winder, no license.
• Samuel Solorzano-Espinoza, 19, 671 Central Avenue, Gainesville, no license and head light violation.