A man was injured April 1 while trying to extinguish a fire in an outbuilding in the 300 block of East Wright Street.
Barrow County Fire and Emergency Services firefighters brought the fire under control while the department’s paramedics treated the man. He was flown to a burn unit by a Emory Life Flight helicopter, according to a press release.
An improperly grounded electrical receptacle sparked the blaze, and the building and it contents – cars and other equipment – were heavily damaged.
Because a fire many get quickly out of control, fire officials “always recommend getting out of a building and waiting for the fire department to extinguish the fire,” officials said.